Sunday 12 August 2012

Just Another Sunday...


It feels as though I’ve been gone for 6 months already and I think I’m becoming desensitized to the fact that I’m actually in Africa. I no longer miss my phone, chasing down tuktuks and sleeping under mosquito nets have both become second nature, and I don’t even remember what makeup is! The way of life here is so simple – which is peaceful yet nerve-racking at the same time.

Not much to blog about today…went to the beach all afternoon and the African sun got the best of me! Even though the temperature was perfect, the breeze stirred up the very fine sand and made the day almost miserable. I could hardly breathe, let alone keep my eyes open long enough to read a book. Who would have thought it was possible to have a miserable day at the beach?!  On a better note, we wised up to the locals and weren’t conned into paying for any tours today!

In the evening we went to our favorite café which coincidentally has free wi-fi. It’s become our nightly ritual – coffee and internet. Internet and phone time get to be really expensive, and the packages we buy get used up really quickly, making it hard to stay in contact. The free wi-fi allows me to chat, keep up with my daily blog, and get some awesome grub. It’s a triple whammy!

But hitting the hay early tonight to gear up for another week at the hospital! Hopefully the week goes by fast because the weekend brings our 3 day long safari. It should be a good time! Missing everyone back home – 14 days until you get to see my face J
Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment